Processing activities covered
Your personal information
The definition of personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Visitors to our web site
What information do we collect?
Longview collects the following types of information from and about users of our web site.
Automatically when navigating within the Site.
- Within the website server log, this includes IP address, usage detail, browser information, referrer URL, host name of the accessing computer, time, and location.
When it is provided to us. You may choose to provide information to Longview through this site when you:
- Register for access to certain areas of the site
- Contact us for further information about products, services, events, and programs or to submit questions or comments to Longview
- Subscribe to receive newsletters, information, alerts, offers, and other communications
- Submit a resume and/or job application for possible employment with Longview
- Participate in surveys, quizzes, promotions, and contests as may be available on the site from time to time
- Register for attendance or sponsorship at events and conferences.
How we use your information?
Longview understands the importance of protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We process personal information about you when you consent for marketing and updates and for the legitimate interest of maintaining the website, communicating with you, providing support, scheduling training, or when you apply for a position at Longview.
When visiting the website
When you visit the Longview web site, automatically data collected is used in order to:
- Troubleshoot and ensure the proper functioning of the website.
- Analyze how visitors use the site.
When communicating with customers
When you reach out to us through the Longview web site, we may use your personal information in order to:
- With your consent, communicate with you about marketing updates, upcoming events, and other information that may be of interest to you
- Provide information you have requested
When providing support
When registering for the customer portal or Arc Community via the Longview website, we will use your personal information to create a login for you into the customer portal or Arc Community once you are confirmed to be a Longview customer or employee.
When connecting with support services, your information will only be used by the support services organization to provide the services under your maintenance contract. This may include troubleshooting or responding to information requests.
When scheduling and performing training
When you register for training sessions on the Longview web site, we will use this information to:
- Contact you about the requested training
- Assist in scheduling and providing the requested training services, whether online or in-classroom
- Provide invoicing and billing for training services
- Enable proper catering options utilizing provided dietary restriction information
- We may also use this information to communicate with you about upcoming training, provide training surveys, certifications, credits, records of registration and attendance.
When communicating via social media
When you apply for a job
When you apply for a job via the Longview website, we will use your personal information to:
- Process your application
- Contact and communicate with you as to the progress of your application
- Assess your suitability for the role that you have applied for
- Further information regarding verification checks will be given to candidates who have reached the hiring stage of the process.
How we share your information
Longview works with third-party companies that act as data processors for Longview (the controller). These companies provide services to help us with our legitimate business activities. Longview ensures that its 3rd Party vendors provide an adequate level of protection of personal data which is set out in appropriate contractual clauses.
- Processing credit card payments (i.e.: Dialog registration)
- Performing web site analysis of our visitor traffic
- Communicating with you via emails or surveys
- Providing support services
We may need to disclose your personal or business information if required by law, for example to comply with a subpoena or a similar legal process. We will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal or business information to third parties as part of a legal process.
If you apply for a job with Longview, we will not share any of the information that you provide during the recruitment phase with any third party for marketing purposes.
Personal or business Information collected on this site may be stored and processed in Canada, the United States, or European Union countries where Longview maintains facilities. Personal or business information may be transferred, accessed or stored globally. A list of Longview’s global offices are available here.
We will only share your personal or business information with third parties in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. We do not sell your personal or business information to third parties.
How we safeguard your information
Longview undertakes substantial efforts to protect the confidentiality of the personal information, preferences and other information it has collected through this site and will never knowingly allow access to this information to anyone outside Longview other than as described in this Privacy Notice.
Longview has made a substantial investment in its server, database, backup and firewall technologies to protect the information assets of the Longview network, including the confidentiality of personal information collected through this site.
You should also do your part in protecting your information. Any username and passwords are considered confidential, and we recommend that you not divulge them to anyone. While we strive to protect personal information that is transmitted to us by you, unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet as a public transmission network, neither Longview’s network nor data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we receive personal information, Longview undertakes substantial efforts to protect the confidentiality of this information consistent with this Privacy Notice.
SSAE18/SOC 1 Type 2
Longview and Tidemarks hosted solutions are independently audited on an annual basis and have received SOC 1 type 2 audit reports addressing the internal controls over financial reporting, including those service controls associated with training of staff, sub-processor assessments and monitoring, data backup, information security, application controls, data communications including encryption, customer provisioning and ongoing service vulnerability assessments.
Trust Services Reporting - SOC 2 Type 2
Longview and Tidemarks hosted solutions are independently audited on an annual basis and have received SOC 2 type 2 audit reports addressing the Security of our services.
Tidemark is independently audited on an annual basis for compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) (1996), HIPAA Omnibus Rule (2013) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) (2009) for confidentiality, integrity and availability of ePHI.
How long will we keep your information
The personal information that you submit to Longview will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Our retention of your personal information allows Longview to continue to provide you with highly personalized services without interruption.
We will retain customer contact and business information for as long as it is required to:
- Provide software and/or services that your organization has purchased or requested
- Communicate with you about any requests that have been made to us
- To demonstrate compliance, conform with legal and regulatory obligations, and to enforce Longview’s rights and agreements.
- To manage your selections and rights exercised pursuant to this Privacy Notice.
We ask that you not send or share any sensitive personal information with Longview (i.e.: salary/benefit information, government-issued or financial account numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Longview aims to keep your personal information as accurate as possible. Should you at any time desire to access, review, correct, update, suppress, transfer, object to Longview’s use or processing of your personal information, or offer complaint, you have the right to do so. Please contact us using the contact information outlined in the Contacting Us section of this Privacy Notice.
Any requests to delete information can only be honored if the information is no longer necessary for any products or services purchased or if the information is no longer required for our legitimate business purposes, legal, or contractual record keeping requirements.
In order to ensure the safety of your personal information, we will ask you to provide sufficient evidence of your identity at the time of any such request before any personal information records will be made available by Longview.
A Subject Access Request form is provided to help clarify your request.
Written inquiries may be addressed to:
Longview Privacy Office 65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 200 Markham, ON Canada, L3R 9X1
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISPUTE RESOLUTION OR FILING A COMPLAINT
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Longview Corporate Headquarters
TORONTO - CANADA CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS 65 Allstate Parkway Suite 200 Markham, Ontario L3R 9X1 Canada
Phone: 905-940-1510 Fax: 905-940-8310
A list of Longview’s global offices are available here.