Redwood City, CA
Why work at Tidemark:
No newcomers to the performance management/business analytics market, the Tidemark team helped lead the last wave of innovation in this space. Now, we are leading the next. Tidemark’s team has helped more than 5000 companies evolve their analytical capabilities over the past 20 years with contributions to products such as Hyperion System 9, OutlookSoft 5, SAP EPM 7.5, and Oracle EPM 11. As times change, technology advances, and the speed of business accelerates, the need for better business performance is even more critical to be a market leader.
Tidemark went back to the analytics drawing board to deliver unified performance management applications that exceed organizations’ wildest dreams for power, usability, mobility, and cost savings. Using 21st-century technology, Tidemark apps offer on-demand performance management capabilities that work like real business people work. Decision makers at all levels now have access to even better intelligence, context, and risk impact information than the elite users of last generation business intelligence tools.
Top-tier venture companies with distinguished track records of success in enterprise software companies have confidence in Tidemark’s products, vision, and ability to execute. Tidemark’s investors are: Greylock Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures and Dave Duffield. Tidemark’s headquarters are in Redwood City, California.
- Lead the design and implementation of key automation functions including provisioning, configuration, and deployment of platform components
- Automate processes for backup and restore, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Implement security features for multi-tenant environments built on virtualization technology
- Provide technical support in managing development and customer-facing environments
- Work in cross-functional teams involving engineering, support, operations to manage releases, troubleshoot and resolve issues in systems, application, and network layers.
Skillset RequirementsRequired Skills and Experience Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with Linux systems
- Hands-on experience with managing large, reliable, scalable infrastructure
- Passionate about automating site operation tasks
- Experience with shell scripting and scripting languages
- Familiarity with configuration frameworks such as Puppet, Chef
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving site issues
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS
- Knowledge of storage concepts including RAID levels, file systems
- Experience with monitoring systems including Nagios, Ganglia, TSDB Familiarity with building scalable and reliable systems
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper, Flume, Scribe
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as HornetQ
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science